For the past two years we have pretty much avoided most gluten in my house. We have had some sourdough bread and my daughter and husband seem to tolerate it well. My body took longer to come around! We haven’t had pasta in our house for about that long and it amazes me sometimes because we used to eat it so often.
I am experimenting with eating some sprouted flour pasta and I seem to be doing alright eating it about once every couple of weeks. It is nice to make a pasta dish every once in a while again! Have you ever tried it before? If not, you should! Here is a great recipe anyone would love. Rich and creamy this is a hearty pasta dish fit for cold weather.
Sprouted Pasta with Broccoli and Cream Sauce
- 1 box of sprouted penne pasta or spaghetti (where to buy)
- 1 1/2 cups raw or low temp pasteurized cream
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 pieces of bacon, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of shredded grass fed cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of paprika
you might also like
Real Food Survival Guide e-Book - Get Instant Access!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Real Food Survival Guide for Busy Moms. I'll also send you real food recipes, wellness tips, exclusive discounts and coupons.