I finally nailed a great recipe for a gluten free basic vanilla cupcake. These have just the right amount of sweetness and do not use coconut or almond flour which we were getting pretty tired of in our house. I love working with buckwheat flour and cashews now! This is actually completely grain free because buckwheat flour is considered paleo! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Basic Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (I buy this ONE)
- 1 cup raw cashew butter (I buy it HERE)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch (I buy it HERE)
- 1 cup coconut milk (I buy it HERE)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (I buy this ONE)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (I buy it HERE)
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (I buy it HERE)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
The easy way: Combine all of the ingredients in the high speed blender.
The not so easy way: Using a stand mixer, combine the wet ingredients first and mix until incorporated. Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer until incorporated.
Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This recipe makes about 12-15 cupcakes.
You can add this swiss buttercream chocolate frosting for a delicious treat!
Pin it here!
Click here to +1 this post!
you might also like
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- [VIDEO TUTORIAL]: 3 Homemade Chest Rubs for Daily Wellness - September 16, 2015
- VIDEO: How to use a Pressure Cooker to make dinner a snap! - August 28, 2015
- Homemade Einkorn Brownies - August 23, 2015