Looking for a natural way to repel mosquitoes then read on to get an amazing homemade bug repellent gel recipe that is super easy to make and super portable!
It is that time of year again…you know…when you want to take a walk after dinner but you can’t because you will end up with like 15 itchy bites? Yep…mosquito season. Mosquitos are brutal here in Austin, TX. Brutal!
I posted a recipe last year for a bug repellent lotion bar. And while I love this recipe, I wanted something that was a bit easier to apply. I know I could easily create a bug spray but I find it hard to carry around a glass spray bottle. I am always afraid I am going to drop it or that it is going to leak in my purse. So, I came up with something a little different.
It is time for a homemade bug repellent gel!
All the same natural non-toxic bug repellent ingredients using essential oils but a bit easier to manage than a spray when you are out and about. It is really nice to be able to throw one of these into my purse and to keep one near our patio. The gel consistency is very easy to apply as well!
Homemade Bug Repellent Gel Recipe
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel (I buy mine HERE)
- 1 Tbsp distilled water
- 5 drops Purification essential oil (I buy quality essential oils HERE)
- 2 drops Thieves essential oil (I buy quality essential oils HERE)
- 2 drops Melalueca alternifolia essential oil (I buy quality essential oils HERE)
- 2 drops Lemongrass essential oil (I buy quality essential oils HERE)
- 1 drop Peppermint essential oil (I buy quality essential oils HERE)
Blend ingredients together until well combined. Pour into a tube with a flip top lid. Use all over the skin to keep bugs away.
I am carrying this around with me wherever I go now! We are ready for those nasty mosquitos with this non-toxic homemade bug repellent!