I remember always wearing a facial moisturizer with SPF 15 when I used to buy my products at the drug store. I wore the same one for years. When I decided to ditch toxic beauty products it was the first to go. I really hadn’t thought about a replacement until recently when I read that carrot seed essential oil has a very high natural SPF. I decided I would formulate my own homemade daily facial moisturizer with this and…VOILA! I had my daily face cream with SPF back!
It is super easy to make. For real – super EASY! I added some additional essential oils that are beneficial for the skin as well including Frankincense, Lavender and Myrrh. This is one amazing daily face cream that is perfect to add to your daily regimen for Spring and Summer!
Homemade Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF
- 10 drops Carrot Seed essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 6 drops Myrrh essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 4 drops Frankincense essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) coconut oil
Note: The lab SPF rating of carrot seed essential oil is somewhere between 38-40 SPF. Coconut oil is between 6-8 SPF.