This recipe is very versatile. I found it on Comfy Belly blog as a donut/cupcake recipe and made it this week for my 3 year old’s birthday party into frosted mini-cupcakes and round cakes. All I had to do was adjust the cooking times and make a few double recipes…yes – if you add it all up I made 4 double recipes so that was 48 eggs, 2 lbs of butter and 4 cups of honey – no wonder they tasted so good!
Ingredients (this recipe makes about 30 mini-cupcakes or if you double the recipe you can make one 8 or 9 inch round cake made in a springform pan):
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 6 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup of raw honey (or other sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted (parchment paper. Baking times can vary based on your overn – no worries about opening the oven to check them – when lightly brown and toothpick comes out clean you know it is done!
- Cool on a wire rack and then frost. Keeps a week or so in the fridge or longer in the freezer. These get better over time so no need to make the day of an event.
I used the same frosting recipe from this post and added a little
you might also like
Real Food Survival Guide e-Book - Get Instant Access!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Real Food Survival Guide for Busy Moms. I'll also send you real food recipes, wellness tips, exclusive discounts and coupons.