This is my first recipe with the veal we just bought (half cow!). I modified from this version to reflect our spice preferences:
- 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef (I used ground veal)
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of New Mexico red chili pepper
Spread portions of the meat onto parchment paper or the paper that comes with your dehydrator to about 1/8 thickness. Score the meat with a butter knife into jerky like strips. I was able to fill 4 trays of my 5 tray Excalibur dehydrator. Set the dehydrator to 155 degrees F and let it dry out for 12-18 hours flipping over half way through. Store in cool dry container for up to 2 weeks or in fridge for longer.
Real Food Survival Guide e-Book - Get Instant Access!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Real Food Survival Guide for Busy Moms. I'll also send you real food recipes, wellness tips, exclusive discounts and coupons.