I finally got around to making some pumpkin puree and have been dying to make some grain-free pumpkin muffins. I have seen a lot of recipes for grain-free pumpkin muffins going around and so I have been recipe testing them. I am a huge fan of coconut flour for grain-free baking but find that if the liquid to flour ratio isn’t quite right you end up with a very hard to swallow treat (like eating chalk)! Pulling from a few different sources, I have found the right balance. This recipe is moist and delicious – not too sweet and not too savory but really could go either way. The best part about it is that I was able to get it down to ¼ cup sweetener which isn’t bad for a dozen muffins! If you like it a bit sweeter – just add another tablespoon or two.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins – Grain Free
- 6 pastured eggs
- ½ cup melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (I used fresh by baking the whole sugar pie pumpkin at 400 for 45 min and then scooping out the inside and cooking it on the stove with a little water for another 30 min and then blending with a stick blender)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs along with all the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Incorporate the wet and dry ingredients and ladle into 12 muffin cups (I like these colorful silicon ones). I was able to get 11 muffins very full – if I had filled each about ¾ of the way then I would have gotten 12!
Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy with raw butter!
This post is featured on Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Real Food Wednesday, The Mommy Club, Gluten Free Wednesday,Allergy Free Wednesday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Freaky Friday, Fill Those Jars Friday, Gluten Free Friday, Pennywise Platter
you might also like
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- [VIDEO TUTORIAL]: 3 Homemade Chest Rubs for Daily Wellness - September 16, 2015
- VIDEO: How to use a Pressure Cooker to make dinner a snap! - August 28, 2015
- Homemade Einkorn Brownies - August 23, 2015