Do you have Butter? Maple syrup? Nuts? Then you can make this 3 ingredient homemade candy that is refined sugar-free! This takes about 30 minutes to make active time and the result is worth it.
- 1 pint maple syrup – where to buy natural sweeteners
- 4 Tbsp pastured butter
- ¾ cup chopped pecans (or any nuts you have on hand) – where to buy nuts
Tools needed: candy thermometer
Heat the maple syrup until a candy thermometer registers 249 degrees (hard ball stage). Use a pot with tall sides to avoid this boiling over. You can kind of stir down the foam as it heats to prevent a boil over as well. Be careful – hot maple syrup can burn you!
Once it hits the hard ball stage (249 degrees F), stir in the butter. Remove from heat and stir in the nuts.
Spoon out into oiled mini-muffin cups or a small silicon ice tray. Once the candies are cooled, wrap each one in wax paper or edible rice paper.
This post is featured on: Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Freaky Friday, Fill Those Jars Friday, Fight Back Friday, Small Footprint Friday, Sweet Sharing Monday, Creative Juice Thursday
you might also like
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- VIDEO: How to use a Pressure Cooker to make dinner a snap! - August 28, 2015
- Homemade Einkorn Brownies - August 23, 2015
- Homemade No-Frizz Hair Styling Whip - June 16, 2015