No Flu ‘Tea’
|January 10, 2013||Posted by Lindsey G. under Soups|
Soup or Bone Broth doesn’t have to just be eaten as a meal as ‘soup’. Why not ditch the bowl and spoon and make a delicious ‘tea’ out of it? I have been feeling like I was coming down with something all week. I have been drinking my version of a No Flu ‘Tea’ daily and it is so warming. I think it helped me to beat whatever I was fighting off!
But is it the hot beverage that helps with cold symptoms or what is in the beverage? While I am sure a cup of hot water can do some good in helping with symptoms, I will stick with healing spices and of course homemade chicken stock to really help fight off a cold or the flu!
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock – where to buy stock
- 1 tsp ground turmeric – where to buy spices
- Pinch cinnamon- where to buy spices
- 3 black peppercorns- where to buy spices
- 2 whole cardamom pods- where to buy spices
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3-6 cloves raw or fermented garlic, minced
Bring all items except the garlic together in a saucepan and bring to a low simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Strain through a strainer and add in the garlic once the ‘tea’ has cooled down to the touch.