It is eggplant season here in Central TX and we sure are getting a lot of it in our farm box. I have made babaganoush quite a bit in the past couple of weeks and yet here come even more eggplants! I decided to try something a bit different. These cheesy eggplant chips were a hit and really great to serve as an appetizer.
Cheesy Eggplant Chips
- 2 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup crumbled cheese (I used feta but Parmesan would work beautifully as well)
- salt (where to buy)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Place a colander over your sink or a large bowl. I like this colander that can sit over my sink. Place the eggplant in the colander and salt each side of each piece of eggplant liberally to draw out the moisture from the eggplant.
Allow the eggplant to weep for about 30 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pat the eggplant dry with a dish cloth and then place on a half sheet pan. Drizzle the rounds with the olive oil.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes, flipping after about 20 minutes.
When the eggplant starts to brown, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Return the eggplant to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes until crisp.
These were salty and satisfying! A great appetizer.Homemade Mommy Beauty Essentials. Get 35 DIY Beauty recipes that you can use everyday and learn all about how to use and care for your essential oils!
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- Homemade Aftershave - December 3, 2014
- Immune Boosting Travel Swab - November 29, 2014
- 10 Uses for Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) Essential Oil - November 17, 2014