You are probably just celebrating Spring’s arrival and the end of endless snowy and cold nights. Well, down here in Texas it is apparently Summer already. I noticed so many Summer vegetables and fruits in my CSA (a box of vegetables I get from a farm each week – you can find one in your area here) I had to celebrate them in a nice chopped summer salad.
Chopped Summer Salad
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 3-4 ounces of raw gouda, chopped (where to buy)
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- small bunch of basil leaves, chiffonade (sliced thinly)
- salt to taste (where to buy)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling (where to buy)
Add everything to a large salad bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a healthy serving of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy your summer!
you might also like
Real Food Survival Guide e-Book - Get Instant Access!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Real Food Survival Guide for Busy Moms. I'll also send you real food recipes, wellness tips, exclusive discounts and coupons.