I love my disinfectant spray recipe but with winter coming soon, I was happy to learn you can make your own hand sanitizer in a gel versus a spray. I think this gives a nice coverage for your little ones. Stay healthy and stay away from toxic commercial anti-bacterial hand sanitizers which contain toxic chemicals like triclosan!
I am a huge fan of Thieves Oil. I love that I can use it in everything from homemade foaming hand soap to bug repellent bars and even internally (I drop some into a gel capsule) to fight colds! Powerful stuff!
Homemade Hand Sanitizer with Thieves Oil
You will need a small 2 oz. squeeze bottle – perfect for keeping in your purse or diaper bag.
Combine the aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil and the Thieves oil and add a bit of water to thin a bit. You want it to be thin enough to coat your hand.
Pin it here!
Like this Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe? +1 it Below!
Further Reading from Around the Web
- Attend one of my Essential Oils 101 classes here!
- 10 Uses for Thieves Essential Oil
- Everyday Essential Oils: Thieves
- How To Buy Therapeutic Essential Oils
- 50 Uses For Essential Oils
More Thieves Essential Oil recipes here!
- Homemade Daily Shower Spray
- Kid-Friendly Squeezable Toothpaste
- Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- 6 Essential Oils for Colds and Flu
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- 10 Uses for Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) Essential Oil - November 17, 2014
- Sour Cream Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting - October 27, 2014
- Easy Homemade Stain Remover - October 26, 2014