I remember the first time I ever heard of Frankincense. It was at Christmas, and it was described as one of the gifts given to the infant Jesus by the Three Wise Men. I was curious: What is Frankincense, and why was it so precious?
As it happens, Frankincense is an extremely valuable substance rumored to heal almost anything bad that can happen to the human body. In its essential oil form, it can better employ its most important ability: Repairing cells. It also stimulates the immune system, balances the body’s hormones, and is a natural antidepressant. No wonder the Wise Men brought it along to the Holy Family. In those times, it was considered even more valuable than gold.
10 Uses for Frankincense Essential Oil
Strengthen your immune system
Dab 1-3 drops on the bottoms of your feet, and enjoy the boost in immunity. It can also help help the body recover from a cough or cold once it’s set in.
Lessen the appearance of stretch marks
Twice daily, dab a few drops on your stretch marks to heal the skin and help them fade away. This works best if you do it once in the morning and once in the evening.
Alleviate sun spots and sun damage
1-2 drops of frankincense essential oil (not diluted) applied directly to sun-damaged areas of skin twice per day will help the spots fade.
Improve your concentration
Apply 1-2 drops of frankincense essential oil to the back of your neck and your temples to enhance concentration.
Diffusing or inhaling frankincense essential oil directly can do wonders for depression.
Heal blisters faster
Great for hiking trips! Applying frankincense essential oil (diluted with a carrier oil) directly to a blister 3-5 times daily will help speed the healing.
Tend to croupy coughs
Frankincense applied to the chest will help calm a croupy cough.
Improve breast health
Rubbing 2-3 drops of (undiluted) frankincense essential oil directly onto the breast and lower abdomen daily helps improve breast health naturally.
Make cysts and warts disappear
This essential oil works fast on healing skin from these two ailments. Apply 1-2 drops on a cyst or a wart twice a day, and it will be gone before you know it.
Heal brittle fingernails
1-3 drops of frankincense essential oil, applied to the base of the fingernails and over the nail, helps restore nails.
I hope you learned something new from this list of 10 amazing uses for Frankincense essential oil. If you want to learn more about essential oils, join my Essential Oils Facebook group! We talk about essential oils and their uses in every category of life.
Further Reading from Around the Web
- 10 Essential Oils for Autoimmune Diseases
- 6 Essential Oils for Colds and Flu
- 5 Amazing Uses for Frankincense Essential Oil
- Healing Recipes & Beauty Recipes Using Frankincense Essential Oil
More Frankincense essential oil recipes here!
- Firming and Anti Aging Skin Serum
- Anti-Anxiety Roll-On Using Essential Oils
- DIY Detox Clay Mask
- Homemade Serum for Acne Scars and Red Marks
Want to buy therapeutic grade Frankincense essential oil? Click here! Frankincense is not inexpensive. This is why it is such a great addition to the Premium starter kit and what gives the kit so much value!
Want to Win a 5ml Bottle of Frankincense?
- Tell me why you want Frankincense essential oil in the comments below!!!
- Use the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of this post to confirm these entries and to unlock even more!
- Sign up for my newsletter using the form below. It comes out once a week, with updates on my latest blog posts, special promotions, and other fun stuff. You can unsubscribe at any time. You must be subscribed in order to be eligible to win this prize. I cross check the winners to make sure they are signed up for my newsletter before I announce the winner. Your email address will only be used for the Homemade Mommy Newsletter and will not be sold or shared with anyone.
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter.
Already subscribed to my newsletter? It still counts as an entry! Just make sure you click the buttons in the Rafflecopter widget above.
A winner will be chosen via random.org. We will announce the lucky winner on Saturday, February 22, 2014. The winner will have 48 hours to contact ( lindsey at homemademommy dot net) with his/her full name, address, and phone number. There is no purchase necessary to win. This giveaway is open to everyone!
Okay! Good luck, everyone! If you have any questions, please comment below.
Pin it here!
Click to +1 it here!Homemade Mommy Beauty Essentials. Get 35 DIY Beauty recipes that you can use everyday and learn all about how to use and care for your essential oils!
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- 6 Healthy Habit Changes - August 22, 2014
- The BEST Homemade Facial Serum EVER! - August 19, 2014
- Hormone Balancing: Is it possible to achieve naturally? - August 8, 2014