This homemade lavender honey lip balm is very healing and nourishing for dry, chapped lips. I made these with my daughter as party favors for her 5th birthday party. All the girls loved them!
Lavender Honey Homemade Lip Balm
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp shea butter
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp sweet almond oil (I buy this ONE)[/easyazon_link]
- 2 Tbsp beeswax (I buy this kind HERE)
- 15 drops Lavender essential oil (I buy therapeutic grade essential oils HERE)
- 5 drops Frankincense essential oil (I buy therapeutic grade essential oils HERE)
Equipment You’ll Need
- 12 lip balm tubes
- a large rubber band
Remove the lids from the lip balm tubes and secure upright with a large rubber band.
Gently melt the coconut oil, shea butter, honey, and beeswax in a double boiler (or in a glass bowl set on top of a sauce pot of simmering water).
Remove from heat and then stir in the sweet almond oil and essential oils.
Quickly pour the melted oil into the upright tubes. You have to move very quickly before the oils start to set.
Allow the lip balm to set and then cap the containers.
The scent is intoxicating!
Pin it here!
Click here to +1
Further Reading from Around the Web
- Attend one of my Essential Oils 101 classes here!
- 20 Everyday Uses for Lavender Essential Oils
- How To Buy Therapeutic Essential Oils
- Lavender Essential Oil for Allergy Relief
- 50 Uses For Essential Oils
More Essential Oil recipes here!
- Roll-On Perfume with Essential Oils
- DIY Eczema Face Mask
- 3 Ingredient DIY Natural Bug Repellant Recipe
- Luscious Lemon Lip Balm
you might also like
Real Food Survival Guide e-Book - Get Instant Access!
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Real Food Survival Guide for Busy Moms. I'll also send you real food recipes, wellness tips, exclusive discounts and coupons.