Earlier this week I posted a recipe for an calming roll-on using essential oils and I promised to post my version that I use on my 5 year old. I love that there are essential oils for all types of feelings and I find that when my daughter gets frustrated it is for very different reasons than when I do.
Kids have different feelings. So for my daughter I felt the root of her anxiety is most often nervous exhaustion or frustration. She also sometimes has a bit of a hard finding things to occupy herself when I am busy making dinner. Sound familiar?
So I used the following essential oils for their emotional benefits:
- Orange essential oil is uplifting and good for feelings of overwhelm (I used a small amount so
this recipe is not photo toxic)
- Palmarosa essential oil creates feelings of being secure and is also good for nervous exhaustion
- Cedarwood essential oil promotes focus and concentration and helps with
confusion and agitation, frustration and anger
- Lavender essential oil is very calming
- Ylang Ylang essential oil is also calming and supports releasing nervous tension
Calming Roll-On Using Essential Oils for Kids
Note: this is what I use on my daughter. Research essential oil uses for various emotions and see what might work on your kids.
- 1 drop Orange essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 20 drops Palmarosa essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 20 drops Cedarwood essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 10 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 60 drops sweet almond oil (I get mine HERE)
Mix all ingredients in a 15 ml roll-on bottle (I buy ones with a metal roller HERE) roll
between your hands to mix. Be super careful when mixing up a batch. I would use a glass dropper and try to cap off the bottles quickly. Use as needed either on the bottoms of the feet or on the back of the neck.