So I really wanted to make a homemade shower gel but I assumed it would be difficult to make…but, as with any learning curve, I soon discovered it was super EASY! This homemade shower gel will take you less than 5 minutes to make once you have acquired the ingredients. It has a nice suds action and is very moisturizing as well.
Plus this recipe for homemade shower gel is fully natural, non-toxic, and you can use whatever essential oils you like to make it smell divine. I will say I am partial to the scent in this recipe because it smells FANTASTIC…but you can use whatever essential oils you prefer!
I just want to note that this essential oil blend smells crazy good…and guess what? Ylang Ylang and Idaho Blue Spruce together are supposed to be great for getting in the mood…if you know what I mean! So enjoy this in the tub or the shower! As I said before, you can whip up a batch of this homemade shower gel in less than 5 minutes and I usually make it once every few months. I dare you to try this homemade version!
Easy Homemade Shower Gel
- 2/3 cup castile soap (I buy it by the gallon HERE)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey (I get mine locally but you can buy online HERE)
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil (I buy mine HERE)
- 1 tsp jojoba oil (I buy mine HERE)
- 10 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil (I get my essential oils HERE)
- 5 drops Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil (I get my essential oils HERE)
- 2 tsp vegetable glycerin (I buy it HERE)
Whisk together all of the ingredients until well combined. Fill an 8 oz. mason jar and top with a soap pump lid. Enjoy the beautiful scent in the shower! You will think you died and went to heaven with this blend!
Pin it here!
Click here to +1 this post!
you might also like
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- VIDEO: How to use a Pressure Cooker to make dinner a snap! - August 28, 2015
- Homemade Einkorn Brownies - August 23, 2015
- Homemade No-Frizz Hair Styling Whip - June 16, 2015