This is an amazing version of ranch dressing. I think the kefir gives it that extra special something! Enjoy this on a salad or as a very nourishing veggie dip for snack time…I adjusted it a bit since I didn’t have seasoned salt.
Real Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup homemade mayo
- 1/2 cup kefir (what is kefir?)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (I used what I had leftover from making cottage cheese)
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced finely
- 2 tsp fresh or dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I used my fermented garlic)
- 1/2 tsp salt (where to buy)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp organic onion powder
Mix together well and store in a glass jar/bottle.
Photo credit: whitneyinchicago, on flick
Jenn Bernat says
Have you ever tried this with fresh garlic?
Can I skip the kefir?
Lindsey G. says
Sure – just add more sour cream. It won’t have that kefir tang though but will still be good!
I seriously wish you lived next door to me. There’s no way I’d undertake all the things I want to try on my own 🙁
Katie B. of Housewife How-To's says
Sounds delicious! How long does it keep? I know lacto-fermented condiments last quite some time, but I’m wondering if you have an actual idea of how long this would stay good in the fridge.
Lindsey Gremont says
We have always used it up within a week before it could go bad. I think it would likely last up to 2-3 weeks.
Take this really great Ranch and blend a cucumber (peeled and salted and drained first) into it, oh my awesome!