It hasn’t felt like October to me and now it is almost over! I keep seeing all of these beautiful photos of autumn leaves but I live in Austin where yesterday it was still in the upper 80s! However, today a cold front finally came through and we are in the 50s and I am feeling in the mood to officially welcome fall.
Here are some of my favorite blog topical posts, recipes and DIY tips from October:
- Learned even more about leaky gut and what to do about it
- Found another great kimchi recipe to try with the beautiful Napa Cabbage I am seeing from Johnson’s Backyard Garden
- Reaffirmed why I am not scared of cholesterol
- Dying to try to make this homemade bleach
- Enjoyed these beautiful photos from a mushroom hunting trip
- I love anything with curry and this butternut squash stew fills the bill
- This sweet India carrot dessert sounded divine
- Very excited to share Jenna’s Eat To Learn Picky Eater Cookbook
- This great guide on how to make kefir
- Learned that flax seeds aren’t as great as I thought they were L
- So excited to find this recipe for Baked Tortilla Chips with coconut oil!
- This raw milk eggnog sounds absolutely delicious!
- Some beautiful photos of making beef bone broth
- Once it is cold enough we will be heading outside to roast these homemade marshmallows!
- 10 surprising GMO products
In case you missed them, here are some of my favorites that I shared this month:
- How I taught my daughter about real food
- Why I am not dreading the winter cold season
- Are you frustrated about feeding your kids real food in a fake food world? You are not alone!
- Real food meal ideas for business travel
I am looking forward to a great November! What did you love about October?
Ariana Mullins says
Hi Lindsey! Thanks for sharing my family’s mushrooming adventure!