Two Ingredient Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream
Hi Everyone. My name is Ariana, and I am an American living in England, writing about food, expat life and unconventional living at And Here We Are… I thought it would be fun to share a really easy but blissfully rich ice cream you can make quickly at home, just in time for Valentine’s Day. An added bonus is that this dessert is made with coconut milk, which is very nourishing. I like to make this for my family because my daughter has sensitivities to milk, and I want her to feel like she can enjoy the same things as everyone else. It doesn’t feel like a substitute at all– this ice cream is very luxurious and indulgent.
As I mentioned, it’s super-simple! Only two ingredients: Coconut Milk and Dark Chocolate.
What you’ll need:
1. A can of full-fat coconut milk
2. 1-2 70% dark chocolate bars or Homemade Mommy’s homemade chocolate. You choose how much chocolate you want to use– if you are more of a milk-chocolate fan, then go for one, if you like it darker, then use more! I used 1.5 for mine, and you will soon see just how chocolate-y it looks.
What to do:
1. Empty half of your can of coconut milk into a saucepan or milk scalder.
2. Break your chocolate bar into pieces, and add it to the coconut milk.
3. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring frequently. The only way you could mess this recipe up is by burning the chocolate, so be mindful of that. It doesn’t need to boil, just get it warm enough to melt all of the chocolate.
4. Add the remaining coconut milk and blend it together by stirring.
5. Pour your mixture into the ice cream machine! Hurray!
The ice cream machine will take care of the rest!