I have just started getting fresh, local brussel sprouts in my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box and I can’t believe how much sweeter and tastier they are than the kind you can get at the grocery store. My daughter even loves them. They seriously do not even taste like brussel sprouts!
I love making brussel sprouts with a little bit of sweetness and a bit crispy. This recipe delivers!
- 2 brussel sprout stalks or about 2-3 cups brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil, melted (where to buy coconut oil) [I also added a tsp of Herbs de Provence ghee]
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (where to buy natural sweeteners)
- 1/2 tsp salt (where to buy salt)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp currants (you can substitute raisins in a pinch)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place brussel sprouts in a bowl and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Pour the ghee and honey into the bowl and mix to coat the brussel sprouts. Place them on a baking sheet and roast for about 30-40 min until brown and crispy. Oven times may vary – please watch closely and stir periodically. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle on the currants.
[…] Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey and Currants by Homemade Mommy […]