You are probably just celebrating Spring’s arrival and the end of endless snowy and cold nights. Well, down here in Texas it is apparently Summer already. I noticed so many Summer vegetables and fruits in my CSA (a box of vegetables I get from a farm each week – you can find one in your area here) I had to celebrate them in a nice chopped summer salad.
Chopped Summer Salad
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 3-4 ounces of raw gouda, chopped (where to buy)
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- small bunch of basil leaves, chiffonade (sliced thinly)
- salt to taste (where to buy)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling (where to buy)
Add everything to a large salad bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a healthy serving of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy your summer!
[…] Chopped Summer Salad from Homemade […]