I am always excited about chocolate chip cookies. I cannot even believe I am posting a real deal cookie recipe on my blog – finally! I most often post grain-free treats on my blog since I avoid gluten, however, after two years of gut healing, I have been experimenting with adding some sprouted grains back into my diet with some success. I can stand to eat some about once a month and not have any issues!
I will let you drool over the photo for a minute while you humor me in first telling you about an amazing deal going on this week. Then I promise we will get to the recipe! This week only until November 8th there is a STUPENDOUS sale going on. I have NEVER seen a sale with this much value for such a low price so that is why I am putting it right in front of you! This is one special sale you won’t want to miss out on! For only a few more days, you can get:
- 47 ebooks (including both of mine!), 15 exclusive summit presentations, 3 online video classes, 2 free meal plans, 2 magazines + 21 coupon codes for a total value of $2000.
- LIFETIME access to the download link. You will never lose this information.
- Sale price of $39 which is an insane deal
- Daily giveaways during the sale worth over $2500.
- Read more HERE
Alright now that you know about this great deal, head on over to get one and then come back and check out the recipe below!
I am not a huge fan of grain-free flours like almond flour and coconut flour for baking cookies. Almond flour upsets my tummy and coconut flour just doesn’t do a cookie justice. So I have largely just abstained from the whole cookie thing the past few years. For these reasons, you can understand why I was very excited to test out my new sprouted spelt flour first on some cookies! I made a somewhat traditional chocolate chip cookie, but I added some sweet potato and cinnamon to this to give it some November flair! It turned out great and is super yummy with a giant glass of raw milk! Plus they are made from completely healthy and nourishing ingredients including sprouted grains (which are much more easily digestible – they practically digest like a vegetable vs. a grain!), unrefined sugars, pastured butter and eggs!
I hope you try these and I already know you will enjoy them!
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks (8 oz.) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups sprouted spelt flour (where to buy)
- 2 tsp salt (where to buy)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (where to buy)
- 1 tsp baking soda (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup whole cane sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (where to buy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (where to buy)
- 2 cups crispy pecans (how to make crispy nuts)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use my homemade recipe or buy here)
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat.
Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda and set aside.
Pour the melted butter into the mixer’s work bowl. Add the whole cane sugar and coconut sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, the mashed sweet potato and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and crispy pecans.
Scoop the dough using the cookie scoop or a spoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Now sit back with a big glass of cold, raw milk and enjoy!