A question I receive quite often is: what essential oils can I use for agitation and feeling anxious? I have been testing some calming recipes using essential oils on myself and some friends and family with some relaxing results!
Essential Oils and Relieving a Feeling of Being Overwhelmed
Essential oils have a relaxing effect on the nervous system and can assist in helping people to move beyond emotional blocks. In short, they help you relax and can stop you from getting all worked up!
There are many recipes and blends out there that can help calm you from feelings of overwhelm. Pulling from some recipes I have seen and also which oils I use myself when I am quite overwhelmed, I have created two blends: An calming roll-on blend for adults and later this week, I will also share one that is better formulated for children. I have really enjoyed having these blends around for when I really need them!
Calming Roll-on Blend using Essential Oils for Adults*
- 30 drops of Lavender essential oil (I buy them HERE)
- 20 drops of Valor essential oil (I buy them HERE)
- 15 drops of Vetiver essential oil (I buy them HERE)
- 10 drops of Frankincense essential oil (I buy them HERE)
- 10 drops Orange essential oil (I buy them HERE)
- 5 drops of Copaiba essential oil (I buy them HERE)
- 1 tsp (approx 80 drops) carrier oil (I use sweet almond which I get HERE)
Mix all ingredients in a 15 ml roll-on bottle (I buy ones with a metal roller HERE) roll
between your hands to mix. Be super careful when mixing up a batch. I would use a glass dropper and try to cap off the bottles quickly. Use as needed either on the bottoms of the feet or on the back of the neck.
Stay tuned because later this week I will be posting a recipe that I formulated especially for my 5 year old daughter that is focused on relieving nervous exhaustion. (UPDATE! Here is the recipe for kids!)