DID YOU KNOW?! There are tons of references to essential oils in the BIBLE. I am posting about a few on here so you can follow along! All of the oils I am posting with a Gold label are a part of the Young Living Ancient Oils of the Scripture Kit
I love Sandalwood (sold separately as Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood too)! So I have no issue using this oil all day today!
Numbers 24:6, Psalms 45:8, Proverbs 7:17, Song of Songs 4:14
Song of Songs is all about love and fertility
12 You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride; you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain. 13 Your plants are an orchard of pomegranates with choice fruits, with henna and nard, 14 nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, with every kind of incense tree, with myrrh and aloes and all the finest spices.”
Here are some modern uses for Sandalwood
- Sandalwood contains the fourth highest concentration of sesquiterpenes of all the oils (90%).
- Sesquiterpenes deprogram misinformation.
- skin care (check out my homemade face serum recipe featuring sandalwood)
- supports a FABULOUS night’s sleep – applied to the crown of my head, back of my neck AND on my spine
- Sandalwood is a cool oil so it is excellent for damp heat and phlegm. I apply sometimes to the bridge of my nose.
- combine with Eucalyptus and Geranium and a carrier oil (dilution of your choosing) for a chest rub during those DRY winter months.
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT OF Aloes (SANDALWOOD)
Sandalwood is good for those who tend to overthink things and worry. According to the book, Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit
Whenever we over-invest in seeing specific outcomes to our efforts – especially out of need for security – sandalwood oil helps re-establish an acceptance of reality as it is. By quelling the mind as an incessant tool of analysis and expectation, sandalwood actually frees it as a creative source, always present in the here and now.”
According to the emotional patterns book, Sandalwood is for the emotions of: Co-dependency, Dread, Fear and Terror.