Welcome to Homemade Mommy!
Hi I’m Lindsey Gremont, the Homemade Mommy. I am a wife to an amazingly supportive husband and mother to a beautiful daughter and I blog about food….Real Food. I find the time and make a commitment to homemade cooking because eating this way has truly changed mine and my family’s life. I also absolutely adore making pretty much anything – including homemade beauty products and natural remedies to keep us healthy. Ditching processed food and toxic chemicals has helped us heal from a number of ailments including asthma, allergies, recurrent sinus infections and ADHD. What brought you to my blog? Maybe you are dealing with some of the same issue? With a few easy recipes, I will get you on the right track in no time!
But first…Real food is….
- good, healthy fats like butter, coconut oil, chicken and beef fat and olive oil
- pastured eggs
- grass fed meats
- fermented vegetables and condiments
- whole raw dairy and coconut milk
- properly prepared grains and legumes and grain free recipes
- recipes containing natural sweeteners vs. refined sugars
- bone broths
- obtained locally where possible
- breaks all the dietary rules we have ever been taught!
Real food is not…
- from a factory or lab
- full of chemicals
- marketed in brightly colored packing with mascots with nutritional claims
But how do I find the time? I sometimes feel like this:
but I no longer get this reaction:
Let’s discuss…Join the conversation on my blog or over on Facebook to learn how to transform the way your family eats and get tips on how to make this transition work for your family. I am not a scientist or a researcher but I am passionate about achieving vibrant health and am happy to share my experiences and stories with you in the hopes that it will help you forge your own path.
If you are interested in advertising on Homemade Mommy you can contact me here.