I came across this secret family recipe from my Great Aunt Babe and I just had to share it with you. This is a pre-low-fat era chocolate mousse recipe that has a secret ingredient…BUTTER! This recipe came from a friend of hers that worked at Chanel so it is truly French!
Of all the chocolate mousse recipes I have ever made – this is the easiest and the absolute best.
- 1 cup homemade chocolate, chopped (you can sub store bought chocolate just try to find one that is fair trade and organic without soy lecithin and use one that is very dark to avoid too much sugar)
- 5 Tbsp water, boiling
- 4 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ¼ lb butter, softened – where to find raw dairy
Add chocolate to a food processor and blend for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides and add the boiling water. Process the chocolate mixture for another 10 seconds.
Add the egg yolks and vanilla and process until smooth.
Add the softened butter.
Whip egg whites until stiff and gently fold in chocolate mixture.
Spoon into serving dishes (mousse cups are good), cover and chill until set.
Photo credit: truth82 on flickr
This post featured on PennyWise Platter, Fill Those Jars Friday, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Monday, Homestead Barnhop, Fat Tuesday, Scratch Cookin Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Party Wave Wednesday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Freaky Friday, Fight Back FridayHomemade Mommy Beauty Essentials. Get 35 DIY Beauty recipes that you can use everyday and learn all about how to use and care for your essential oils!
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- 6 Healthy Habit Changes - August 22, 2014
- The BEST Homemade Facial Serum EVER! - August 19, 2014
- Hormone Balancing: Is it possible to achieve naturally? - August 8, 2014