I was recently inspired to make these gelatin snacks after making an amazing butternut squash and apple puree. I wanted to save some in a way that I could eat cold and this is the result!
These snacks are creamy, tart, and have just enough sweet flavor. They are super yummy!
Butternut Squash and Apple Fruit and Veggie Snacks
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash (I simply cut a butternut squash in half and roast for 30-45 minutes until tender, then I scoop out the flesh and remove the seeds)
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional to taste)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold filtered water
- 1/3 cup hot filtered water
Mix together the 2/3 cup coconut milk and the gelatin until incorporated (it will be thick and chunky).
Add the butternut squash, apple, maple syrup (optional), salt and 1/3 cup cold filtered water to your blender (I used this high speed blender). Blend until smooth.
Heat up the 1/3 cup filtered water until boiling.
Add the hot water to the coconut milk and gelatin mixture and mix until the gelatin is melted and incorporated. Add the coconut milk mixture to the blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into silicone molds and refrigerate until set.