I am planning a ‘make and take’ DIY beauty gift set party and I came up with a genius way to make 24 DIY gift sets in an hour! I was pulling together my supply list and realized this would be something really great to share with you all. You can either do a similar DIY beauty gift set party for your friends to take items home, or you can just make the items on your own to give as gifts. Either way, it only takes one hour to make 24 amazing DIY beauty gift sets that everyone will love and appreciate!
Here is how! I have adjusted all of my recipes below to accommodate making 24 beauty gift sets. I also included a supply list which will be helpful. All you need to do is order everything and invite your friends!
What You’ll End Up With
24 DIY beauty gift sets including:
- 24 – Chocolate Mint Lip Balms
- 24 – Chocolate Mint Lotion Bars
- 36 – Thieves Oil Disinfectant Spray (purse bottle size – a bit more than you need but you can gift the extras!)
- 24 – 2 oz. containers of Calming Lavender Detox Bath Salts
- 24 – 2 oz. containers of Herbal Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub
For the Chocolate Mint Lip Balm and Lotion Bars
You will be making these from the same base to save time and materials so I have adjusted my usual recipe to include more beeswax and be a bit firmer for the lotion bars.
- 10 ounces coconut oil (where to buy)
- 10 ounces cocoa butter
- 10 ounces beeswax
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint essential oil (where to buy)
For the Thieves Purse Spray
For the Detox Bath Salt
For the Sugar Scrubs
- 6 cups organic cane sugar (you will need two bags)
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 4 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Lemon essential oil (where to buy)
- 1 tsp of Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
Equipment You’ll Need
- an 8 quart heavy-bottomed pot
- 3 large glass mixing bowls
- measuring cups (I like this 8 cup one because the handle can easy hang over the side of the pot of simmering water) and measuring spoons
- 24 1-tsp sized glass spray bottles (I use these)
- 48 2-ounce sized glass jars (you can buy them here)
- 24 lip balm tubes and lip balm tube fill tray/paddle (where to buy)
- 24 cavity mini muffin mold for the lotion bars
- Treat bags and gift boxes and ribbon
- You can also make cute labels using the Avery labels. I used this smaller size on the purse sprays and this larger size for the gift boxes and glass jars.
Step 1: Gather all of your supplies in one place.
This will make your life easier and you can set this up before the party.
Step 2: Begin the lotion bars and lip balms.
Bring a large pot of water to a simmer. Measure out the cocoa butter, coconut oil and beeswax into the 8 cup measuring cup or a large glass bow. I use this kitchen scale for easy measuring of weight.
Gently melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in your 8 cup glass measuring cup with handle set in the large pot of simmering water over medium low heat. This should take between 15-20 min to fully melt.
Step 3: Prepare Thieves Oil Purse Sprays
While the lotion bars and lip balm ingredients are melting, start your Thieves Oil purse sprays. Place salt in a 1-cup glass measuring cup (or a bowl with a pour spout). Add the Thieves oil drop by drop, aiming toward the salt. Allow the salt to absorb the oil. Slowly add the water and stir to combine. Pour into individual purse sprays.
Step 4: Prepare the Lavender Detox Bath Salts
Add the epsom salt to a large bowl. Add in the lavender essential oil and stir to combine. Scoop into individual glass jars and close to seal.
Step 5: Prepare the Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub
Mix sugar, dried rosemary, olive oil, and raw honey together in a large glass bowl. Add essential oils and stir to combine. Scoop into individual glass jars and close to seal.
Step 6: Finish the lip balm and lotion bars
Remove the beeswax mixture from heat, allow to cool to room temperature, and then stir in the Peppermint essential oil. Quickly pour the melted oil into the lip balm fill tray and tubes. You can also secure the lip balms with a rubber band and pour. It won’t be as tidy but will work in a pinch! You just want to work quickly before the mixture starts to harden and set. Pour the remaining mixture into the silicon muffin molds. Place all of the items in the refrigerator to set. Once hardened, place the lotion bars in these bags and secure with a ribbon.
That is it! You are done! You now have 24 DIY beauty gift sets. See – wasn’t that easy?!