Chocolate! I have discovered how to make the easiest chocolate at home. I cut it up into pieces and store in my fridge for my daily chocolate fix. I promise this won’t disappoint and it helps you to get more great fats into your daily diet in a sweet way!
Easy Homemade Chocolate Recipe
- 1 cup coconut oil – where to buy coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cacao powder (you can sub or do 1/2 and 1/2 with carob powder if chocolate bothers you)
- dash of salt – where to buy salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
In a heat resistant pyrex or other glass bowl or measuring cup, add the coconut oil. Fill a small saucepan with a few inches of water and place the glass measuring cup in it. Heat on stove top until coconut oil is mostly melted (room temp – not hot). UPDATE: please do not skip this step and microwave your oil. You will kill the good antimicrobial properties in the oil and it also won’t blend in well with the cocoa powder. If you end up with a watery mess you heated the coconut oil up too hot!
While the coconut oil is coming to room temperature, add all the other ingredients to a food processor. Add the coconut oil and blend until combined in the food processor.
Place some plastic wrap or parchment paper in a loaf pan to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Pour the chocolate mixture into the loaf pan and cover with the plastic wrap (gently). Press down or tilt to even out the thickness. I like mine about 1/2 inch thick. UPDATE: I have recently just poured out the chocolate on some parchment paper on a cookie sheet or roasting pan and put the whole thing in the fridge. This avoids the plastic wrap and works just as well.
Place the loaf pan with the fudge into into the freezer and let it set for about 20 min. Remove and slice into bite sized pieces. I put these in a jar and store in the fridge. I sometimes make a double recipe and store the other half already cut up in the freezer.
Like this recipe? Pin it here!
Like this Easy Homemade Chocolate Recipe? +1 it Below!
Further Reading from Around the Web
- Why Women Love Chocolate
- The Health Benefits of Chocolate
- Why You Should Indulge in Dark Chocolate Daily
- Dark Chocolate: Sweet Truth for Your Sweet Soul
More outdoor recipes here!
- Coconut Cream Chocolate Fudge
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Crunch Balls
- Avocado Chocolate Cookies
you might also like
Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)
- [VIDEO TUTORIAL]: 3 Homemade Chest Rubs for Daily Wellness - September 16, 2015
- VIDEO: How to use a Pressure Cooker to make dinner a snap! - August 28, 2015
- Homemade Einkorn Brownies - August 23, 2015