This is one of the times when I love my slow cooker. It makes the best short ribs and is so easy! You just need to make the marinade and put everything in the slow cooker in the morning and by dinnertime it is done!
- 3 lbs short ribs and/or oxtail
- 1/3 cup Fermented soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Fish Sauce
- 6 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cold pressed Sesame oil (where to buy quality oils)
- 1 tsp Korean red pepper (or sub red pepper flakes)
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground Ginger (or 1.5 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and minced)
- ½ cup raw Honey
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup beef stock
Mix the soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, raw honey and vinegar together in a bowl. Put the onion and carrot on the bottom of the slow cooker and then add the short ribs and oxtail. Pour the marinade over the meat and then add the beef broth. Cook on high in your slow cooker for 6-8 hours. I served this with sautéed bok choy and brown rice. I used some of the sauce from the short ribs and sautéed the bok choy quickly with some julienned red peppers.
Re-purpose it for later in the week: chill this overnight and then shred the meat and serve with sauerkraut/pickled vegetables in a taco!
Tip: Save the extra liquid (I stored the meat leftovers separate from the liquid and strained the liquid into a container for later use) and add it to beef or veal stock with vegetables and coconut milk for an awesome quick Asian soup!Homemade Mommy Beauty Essentials. Get 35 DIY Beauty recipes that you can use everyday and learn all about how to use and care for your essential oils!