Flourless Brownies

Real Food Meal Plans

Tired of Takeout? YOU can cook real food simply and easily with meal plans! Meal planning has now been revolutionized! Customizable 'real food plans' couldn't be any EASIER! Try these REAL FOOD meal plans today!

Flourless Brownies | www.homemademommy.net

Not sure about gluten free flours then you must try this Flourless Brownie recipe! As you know, I try to eat mostly grain free when it comes to desserts. We also do not use any refined sugars and stick to mostly raw honey and maple syrup in our treats. I have tried a few different ‘grain-free’ brownie recipes and have been less than thrilled with the results. It turns out grain-free brownie recipes can be kind of tricky to get right. I find the coconut flour brownies to be hard to swallow (to dry!) and the almond flour ones don’t agree with me. This is why I haven’t posted a true brownie recipe yet on my blog.

Great Flourless Brownie Recipe!

I was so excited last week when I stumbled upon an amazing recipe for flourless brownies made with natural sweeteners in another fellow blogger, Ditch the Wheat’s cookbook, Indulge, which includes over 70 grain-free and paleo treat recipes. You heard that right…this is a completely flour less brownie recipe – that means gluten-free, grain-free and almond and coconut flour free! The only ‘flour’ in these is the cocoa powder. These brownies are more than spot on. They are brilliant! These are going to be my go-to brownie recipe from now on!
Flourless Brownies

Flourless Brownies

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until velvety smooth (I used my Vitamix!). Pour into a parchment paper lined 8 x 4 loaf pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will be soft in the middle at 30 minutes and have a slight jiggle. Leave the brownies for at least 5 hours before cutting and eating (I personally couldn’t wait that long and I put them in the fridge after about 15 min of cooling down time and then ate them about an hour later!).

This recipe makes 8 brownies.

*I now use 3/4 cups maple syrup (Grade B) in place of the palm sugar for a moist and gooey texture. Cooked for 30-35 minutes the center will appear to be uncooked but after cooling for a few hours (or in the fridge) it will settle and be more firm. The texture will be more like a molten chocolate cake.

Pin it here!

Flourless Brownies | www.homemademommy.net

Want More Amazing Grain Free Recipes Like this One? Get Indulge!

Indulge-Shop-pageAnd best of all? There are more of these great grain-free and dairy-free recipes all with some pretty decadent photos in Ditch the Wheat’s e-book, Indulge!

With over 70 recipes for everything from dairy-free chocolate ganache to classic vanilla cake to grain-free pie crust, plus helpful information about substitutions and special ingredients, your gluten-free or grain-free cookbook library just wouldn’t be complete without this one!

Indulge! is so popular, over 7500+ copies have been downloaded so far! Click here to buy your copy today!

Like this Flourless Brownie Recipe? +1 it Below!

you might also like

I am a very busy real food mama! When I am not taking care of my 5 year old, I take time to share my real food recipes on my blog, Homemade Mommy. I finds the time for homemade cooking because eating this way has truly changed my family’s life. Ditching processed food has helped us all to heal from a number of ailments including asthma, allergies, recurrent sinus infections and ADHD. I buy organic, from family farms, local and grass-fed. I am passionate about achieving vibrant health and am happy to share tips, techniques and recipes in my eBook, The Real Food Survival Guide for Busy Moms which is an excellent resource for any busy mom (or dad) who wants to cook real food for their family but is not sure how to take the plunge.

Latest posts by Lindsey Gremont (see all)

216 Responses to Flourless Brownies

1. Evelyn Benchimol says:

Is coconut sugar the same as coconut palm sugar?

2. Think you could use honey and reduce the coconut oil to make it work?

3. Lauren says:

Ooh, love this! I am a huge fan of coconut palm sugar — and flourless brownies? Oh my.

4. Susan says:

I just read that the production of coconut palm sugar involves extracting the sap from the coconut trees which make them unable to product coconuts. What will this do to the coconut industry?

5. From what I understand, Coconut sugar is from the flower, so I don’t think it would hurt the tree..my bag says sustainably harvested. These look amazing. Can’t wait to try!

6. Danita says:

I made them with succant and they were very good! Thanks for the great recipe!!

7. Sonya says:

On the coconut oil do you melt if first then measure?

8. […] trying to cut back on grain, I tried out this simple recipe for grain and dairy-free brownies from Homemade Mommy.  The recipe only contains six ingredients and is super easy to make.  The […]

9. Have you ever used Stevia instead of the coconut sugar? Is the coconut sugar amount equal to 1 cup of regular sugar? Thanks!

• I wouldn’t use regular sugar. Stevia would change the whole recipe as there would now be a weight ratio issue. I wouldn’t recommend using stevia. I would try maple sugar or sucanat if you can’t find the coconut sugar. I hope that helps!

10. Just some info on why you might not want to use Coconut Palm Sugar http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/coconut_palm_sugar.htm

11. Carlie says:

Could I sub Rapidura instead of the Coconut Palm Sugar?

12. So I just made these and they smell amazing. However there is a LOT of oil on the top and not actually IN the brownies. Did I do something wrong? I didn’t melt the coconut oil before I actually measured, can that make it too much oil?

• That’s interesting. Never heard of that before! I have no idea. I bet they still taste good!

• Tabby says:

Genevieve, I had the same problem! I think its because I didn’t melt the coconut oil, so probably I used more than I should of. All the oil was swimming on the sides on the top. I poured the oil in a small bowl and than brushed the oil on the brownies!

13. Joan Russell says:

Hi Lindsey, I usually use apple sauce and omit other sugar and oil too. Have you ever tried that? In Ontario Canada

14. Joan Russell says:

Happy to find no flour brownies! Love brownies!!

15. I make a version of these using black beans to add some protein to the brownies and you can’t even taste them! Thanks for sharing this recipe Lindsey :)

16. Vanesa Borge says:

Looooooved these! Super easy to make and my kids (my very picky kids) loved them too!

17. Cat@NeoHomesteading.com says:

I primarily make grain free treats also, these look like a recipe my husband might enjoy!

18. Jo says:

I just have a question about the texture…it seems like they would be rubbery or something because of the egg, not cakey or fudgey like a brownie. They look great, but I don’t know about the texture…What did you think about that?

• curious if you ended up using this recipe? I had the same thought that you did about them turning out rubbery. The texture of mine, and hopefully I didn’t totally mess up the recipe since I followed it to the T, is rubbery, not fudgey. But then again, they haven’t cooled all the way and maybe, MAYBE, they will be different? It’s not a pleasant texture, I’m not sure where I went wrong…

19. I just have to tell you that I have tried numerous grain free brownie recipes and these are by far the best! I cannot believe how fudgy they taste without any flour or nut butters! Such simple, real ingredients and they are Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe :-)

20. Nancy Morrow says:

These look amazing. Since I’m eating Low Carb I will try using erythritol instead of coconut palm sugar. I can’t wait to try them.

21. Oh Lardy says:

These are amazing!!! I made them for the second time tonight for Valentine’s Day…my husband and daughter devoured them!!

22. […] have made these delicious flourless brownies three times now.  They are FANTASTIC!  Super rich and dark.  Great by themselves or with […]

23. These babies are in the oven right now to share with our Bible study group today! I’m sure they will be great because the batter tasted delicious. Thanks for the recipe :)
    ~Laura @WholeGreenLove

24. […] The most amazing brownies that use cocoa powder as the ‘flour’!: Flourless Brownies […]

25. […] flourless brownies. Since they’re made with 100& cocoa powder they have quite a bit of caffeine. I’m […]

26. Susan Walker says:

Wait 5 hours? No way – wait about 30 minutes and enjoy with homemade vanilla ice cream! YUM! In that state, it’s like molten lava cake. So good! Thank you for this recipe.

27. […] brownies but can’t eat flour? Check out this flourless brownies […]

28. […] Potato Chips Flourless Brownies Chicken Liver Pate Coconut Cream Pie Easy Homemade Greek Yogurt Lacto-fermented Orange Juice Paleo […]

29. […] you ever have those nights where you just need a little chocolate? Me neither Here’s a flourless brownie recipe for nights like […]

30. Jennifer Gray says:

I keep reading that coconut sugar is unsustainable…do you have a good alternative?

31. […] Flourless Brownies from Homemade Mommy […]

32. disqus_uyNYSPGwVa says:

I just put a batch in the oven! I am surpised any of the batter made it into the pan–delicious!

33. How would this recipe need to be modified to make carob banana bread? Also bacon would be a delicious compliment to these brownies :)

34. Martha says:

I followed your recipe almost to the dot. I just substituted the coconut palm sugar with some erythritol and some stevia powder. I bake it for 30 minutes in a 4×8 bread pan. It tastes good, but fell completely apart when I took it out and it was done on the perimeter but in the center still very wet and soft. What are your suggestions? Just to bake it longer?

35. Sounds delicious. I have never made anything without flour. I do not have the coconut palm sugar but do have maple syrup suggested as a replacement. Should I just use an equal amount of one cup? Can’t wait to try these. thanks!

36. These look really good. I’m always on the hunt for a great brownie recipe!

37. […] 70 Grain Free Desserts by Ditch the Wheat’s, Carol Lovett. I know many of you love the flourless brownie recipe on my blog. This recipe is featured from Carol’s eBook! There are some other major […]

38. Pat Baker says:

Love the recipe! In the instructions you say to use an 8X4 loaf pan. Why not an 8X8 pan? Too big?

39. […] girl craving for chocolate hits, and I realize that I have every ingredient we need to make Flourless Brownies.  Yup, that’s right back to the house for more baking, haha.  Now that I’m typing […]

40. Dimitra says:

I probably can’t find cocnut palm sugar where I live. Is it ok to use plain sugar instead? Can I also use butter instead of coconut oil?

41. these look amazing ..my daughter has some gluten issues so always looking for some good recipes ..I have a question.you say to use raw honey for the baking ,why heat destroys the enzymes that the raw honey contains so does it really matter when you’re cooking with it?I use raw when there will be no heat..thanks for your input on this

• Julie says:

I’ve always wondered that too. I buy cheap (non-raw groc. store honey) for baking & save my raw for PBH sandwiches & the like! :)

42. OMG! Just made these tonight (substituted honey for sugar), they are awesome! Like a rich, decadent molten lava brownie. My family loves them, thank you, yummy!! :D

43. Carol says:

Thank you for this recipe! I was looking for something to whip up that was low GI and chocolatey and these are great.
    I substituted applesauce for the coconut oil (none on hand) and they came out great!
    I track via myfitnesspal, so here are the stats for my modified version of your recipe, per brownie:

calories: 166
    carbs: 31
    fat: 3
    protein: 3
    fiber: 4

44. Roma Davila says:

I just pulled this out of the oven. I am practicing real restraint to not dig in right now. Thanks for the recipe, I can’t wait to taste these paleo-style brownies!

45. Mary Unruh says:

I’m usually a fan of tropical traditions, but I have to disagree with their information about palm sugar and question why they are misleading people. I just got back from Cambodia where palm sugar has been produced by hand like maple syrup for eons. The sugar palm trees are different than coconut palms and while they do produce coconuts they aren’t the same type- they have milk but a gelatinous flesh inside in small pockets verses the large cavity of white flesh found in meat coconuts. They also produce the sap from the male (as well as female) trees so it provides a use for the male trees which can still produce pollen for reproduction and which they normally would only allow one of per area. The female trees still produce coconuts and the Cambodians still grow plenty of meat coconuts which are sold like soda and hotdogs snack food wrapped into one on street corners. Anyway tropical traditions isn’t telling the whole story perhaps because they will now have to pay more to maintain an exclusive Philippine market of meat/oil palm trees instead of allowing farmers to diversify to profit from market demand.

• Mary Unruh says:

It’s so much of a tradition in Cambodia the sugar palm is on their flag….

46. maureen says:

can you make these with out the parchment paper or would they stick too badly to the pan? I dont not have any but am tempted to make these right now as they look sooo good!

47. Anna Mclaren says:

These are seriously yummy. I used a mix of maple syrup and rapadura sugar and made into brownie cupcakes. I’m addicted!

48. Caren says:

These look wonderful. Yesterday I went shopping and I bought coconut oil for the first and more coconut sugar, so lucky me! I will make these tonight and get back to you. Thanks so much!

*How about everyone stops bitching about coconut sugar and says thank you for the recipe? There is a time and a place for sustainable sugar debates, this isn’t the place. Let’s just say thanks and be respectful to the blogger :) *

• Stefani says:

Caren, Right On!!!

Thank You!!

• Kiki says:

Well said. I love my coconut sugar, and I know it is great. Thank you Homemademommy for this lovely recipe.

• CoffeeTime says:

Yes; and thank you to for posting this, I found this site today and thought it was kind of odd about the sugar debate on her site. I thought it seemed disrespectful but is it; since I thought it kind of nice to be aware there may be a crises going on with the trees. Which then tells me to check my facts before getting carried away. I hope it did that for others too. Still I think yaw, be grateful for the recipe and if you feel like the blogger needs some information send it to her in private.

49. […] looked over the recipe and had most everything already on hand. After a quick trip to the store for cocoa powder, I was in […]

50. Tami says:

I made these this morning with 2/3c raw sugar. They did not have the consistency of a brownie for me, but are more like a lovely chocolate torte. This is actually more of a “torte” recipe than a “brownie” recipe. I made mine in a KitchenAid using the whisk attachment and topped with coconut whipped “cream.” I used a buttered pyrex pan instead of parchment, and they came out beautifully.

Thanks for a keeper of a recipe!!

51. Olivia says:

Ooops! I just made a batch with a cup of “Stevia In The Raw”!! They’re in the oven as I type…I’m a bit nervous for them to come out. Do you think I just ruined a whole batch? :(

52. Olivia says:

Just an update on subsituting a cup of fake sugar, (Splenda, stevia, etc..) the brownies turned out fine consistancy wise, but taste wise…oh gosh. It was terrible!!! It literally made me gag… Stick to the recipe, folks! Lol

53. Liz says:

Yep, these are amazing! It is key to let them cool completely. In fact, we preferred them refrigerated.

54. Lauren says:

I made these tonight and used silicone muffin cups (standard size). It made nine muffins and I baked them for 20 minutes. They only needed to cool for about 10 minutes and they popped out and were DIVINE served warm. The texture was dense but not gooey. Thank you for a great recipe!

55. Kerrie says:

:Applauds: These are spectacular! I used grapeseed oil in place of coconut oil because of an intolerance. I also replaced the coconut sugar with honey and they are probably a lot better with the coconut sugar because they do have a strong honey flavor but the texture is really great! LOVE this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing! Chocolate sweeties are a necessity, lol.

56. I want to make these right away. My grandson did not like the black bean brownies with dates or the one with bananas. I’m sure he will enjoy this recipe. Thank you for a healthy alternative that’s sure to please everyone. Also, I am pleased to see the maple syrup as an alternative sweetener.

57. Misty says:

I am super excited to try these! Thanks for the recipe!

58. SewFixated says:

I just made these brownies tonight and they were FANTASTIC. I used organic cane sugar because I don’t have palm sugar. I greased my pan with coconut oil. I didn’t change anything else with the recipe. I cooked mine for 25 minutes total.

When I took the brownies out of the oven they were not jiggly in the middle at all. In the recipe it states to wait at least 5 hours before eating. I put my brownies in the oven for 10 minutes and they were totally set. The sides separated from the pan and they came out very easily and did not fall apart. I don’t think I needed to put them in the fridge at all. They were cooked all the way through.

The texture was just like a brownie and not rubbery at all. They tasted delicious and everyone in my family loved them. I will be using this recipe only when I make brownies from now on. Thank you!

• SewFixated says:

Ooops… In the second paragraph it should say…

I put my brownies in the *fridge* for 10 minutes and they were totally set.

59. Pat says:

Made these just now exactly as directions stated. Used a silicone bread pan and coated with coconut oil. 25 minutes in oven and 10 in fridge. Yummy good. Going to try the maple syrup or honey next time to get a wetter texture. But very good just the way they are. Thanks Lindsey!!

PS see my picture of them on my FB page

60. Megan says:

Yay! Nothing in this I can’t have (Except sugar) Going to see if I can try Xylitol, may make a half batch incase they don’t turn out Might put them in bite sized muffin pans (Since I’m not sure I have a small enough pan. unless I want flat brownies :P)

• Megan says:

tried them. only had egg whites, so they turned into a more fudge loke consistancy (also added water because Xylitol absorbs moisture, but yummy!

61. Phoebe says:

These look so tasty!
    Since I’m out of coconut oil, do you think I could use olive oil?

62. Vicki says:

My son has a sensitivity to coconuts. Can I use olive oil rather than coconut oil?

63. Mary says:

I wonder if you could use banana as the sweetener?

64. Tammy says:

Do you think raw cacao powder could be subbed for cocoa?

65. Robin says:

These are in the oven now….as I was licking the spoon, I realized the raw batch would be an amazing icing….would it be safe with the raw egg though? Made these for my boyfriend but he doesn’t get home till 6…hope they last that long! Thanks for the recipe!

66. Amy says:

First, I must say that I LOVE brownies…love them. I’ve tried several alternative recipes and they were all just…meh. So, I had low expectations for these.

These brownies are phenomenal!!! And no one would know that they were flourless. They are so good, I almost wish I didn’t know about them.

thank you so much!!

67. Loren says:

How would u make these with out egg? They look soo yummy!!

68. […] I did end up making these flourless brownies: […]

69. […] on GAPS, I am always on the look-out for a sweet treat that I can enjoy like these flourless brownie, grain free coconut cookies (I can substitute honey for the raw sugar) and grain free banana […]

70. Amber Picota says:

I am making these for the second time! We loved them the first time, and so we doubled the recipe so that it will last for dessert all week for my family of five! Thanks! :)

71. karen says:

Lindsey – Made this yesterday….absolutely amazing! Even better today, after being in the fridge overnight (but, like you, we had to dive in right outta the oven when first made!).
    Simply THE best flourless brownie recipe said EVERYONE.

72. […]  http://www.homemademommy.net/2013/01/flourless-brownies.html […]

73. Keely says:

Instead of using an 8×4 pan, do you think I could double the recipe and use an 8×8 pan…would they need to bake longer?

74. […] flourless brownies look like a decadent grain-free treat! I can’t wait to try […]

75. […] Flourless Brownies by Homemade Mommy […]

76. Kiki says:

These were delicious. Thanks for sharing.

77. raquel says:

Can I omit the vanilla? I have a sensitivity to it. Thank you. Is there something else you would recommend

78. […] Kelly over at Our Fine Full Days seemed to enjoy all of the flour-less brownie recipes I have been sharing over at Facebook this is my favorite recipe. […]

79. Stacey says:

anyone try using butter? change in consistency? i’m gonna try, just wondering! I have a cow, so we have lots of butter, not so many coconuts :)

• Jill says:

I made this tonight using butter and it turned out wonderful! I ran out of cocoa, so I ground up all my cacao nibs in the coffee grinder, then made the batter in the vitamix. When it had cooled from the oven, I put it in the fridge for a few hours. Even my paleo dessert hating son thought it was amazing and asked for more!

80. Nikki says:

Should the coconut oil be liquid or solid? Mine is almost always liquid (I live in FL).

81. shelly says:

I used honey and added some ground red pepper flakes and pecans on top – the batter tasted awesome – just waiting for it to bake..!

82. […] This recipe is grain-free and dairy-free brownies. Quick, delicious. Remarkably… CHOCOLATE! Yumm, especially after 2 hours of sorting through artwork! Here is a sample of Daria’s (stay tuned for Janelle’s…): […]

83. Dave says:

I`d have trouble waiting 5 hours too!

84. Stephanie says:

So when I saw this recipe… I was on a mission to bake them as absolutely fast as possible. I’ve had a poor appetite due to illness and this is the first recipe that sparked my interest. Unfortunately, just as I was rubbing my paws in joyous anticipation I realized I didn’t have half the ingredients… Or a baking pan hah!

I ended up substituting the sugar with 1 c. Honey and the oil with the equivalent applesauce then using a tablespoon to dollop them in mini muffin pans… Omg… It is literally a rich, dark chocolate bite size brownie. I’ll never eat a floured dessert again ;)

85. Jeff says:

I added a 1/4 cup of coconut flour to this recipe and they came out great.

86. Powersmom says:

Has anyone tried using flax seed or egg substitute in these? My husband is allergic to eggs. I substitute flax or chia seeds in everything that I bake and have no trouble.

87. Jerica says:

I just popped in oven.. Barely, as the dough was so good! I added 2/3 c of pure male syrup with slightly less coconut sugar. I love the maple/brown sugar flavor that these two offer. Right now it’s like watching paint dry waiting … ):

88. […] a fan of chocolate, but brownies are an exception. I take no credit for this recipe, I found it via Homemade Mommy; she found it via a cookbook by Ditch the Wheat, called Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts. I have not […]

89. […] Flourless Brownies by Homemade Mommy […]

90. Julie says:

I’ve copied these twice and finally have made them and they are the BEST! Thanks for a truly great grain free brownie.

91. oh my goodness gracious me these look AHHHH-MAZING! Can’t wait to try them out.

92. Kathie Makris says:

Can you use cacao instead of highly processed cocoa powder? And is the amount the same?

93. Martina says:

Thank you for your recipe, I made it with just 3 eggs and it came out like a little “ciambellone” (I don’t know the english name for it), 175°C for 30 mins and then 35 mins in the fridge, very compact and tasty.
    But it serves 1-2 (hungry) people..for a party of four I would quadruple the amount, I guess..
    Ciao!

Martina
    Rome, Italy

94. Laura C says:

I have so many food allergies so always looking for substitutes and these brownies sound amazing. But, I can’t eat eggs? Has anyone ever tried Egg Replacer, like the one from Orgran? Thanks!

95. Stephanie says:

I have made this recipe 14 times since last month.. It’s so easy and ridiculously yummy! I sometimes use yacon syrup, raw sugar, dates or maple syrup as sweetener depending what I have in the pantry. It is awesome! Thanks for this recipe!

96. Najeeb says:

Wow, this recipe looks amazing! I don’t have access to coconut oil, wondering what I can use as a replacement? Among fats, I could think of butter or refined olive oil. What do you think? Non-fats, I thought, perhaps applesauce? Would it possibly give the same texture? Thanks!

• Najeeb says:

Forgot to mention, a mashed banana might even work, and I think a mashed banana would be nice anyway for some awesome flavor, even on top of the coconut oil or whatever fat/oil one is using… who doesn’t like chocolate and banana together?!

• Kim says:

My understanding is that grass-fed butter is extremely healthy and can take the heat. Heating olive oil isn’t healthy.

97. LizS says:

Yummy! I didn’t have vanilla extract so I used almond instead. OMG this is fantastic. I used 3/4 cup honey instead of the coconut sugar.

98. Mary Rowe says:

Aargh, the parchment paper was the absolute worse experience. The batter ended up all over the place. Back to the drawing board.

99. Tammy Owen says:

I made these with applesauce instead of the coconut oil and they turned out awesome. My son was in seventh heaven. Also I baked them in an 8X8 baking dish and they only took 20 minutes to cook. They wouldn’t have been as thick as yours but they were beyond awesomness!! Thanks so much

100. Ruth says:

Just made these for a fundraiser, They are a delicious, thank you!!

101. […] Against all grain, men selvom den var jærskla god smakte den for mye honning. Så da jeg kom over denne oppskriften måtte jeg teste. Og mæn, den var suksess! Både jeg, Jon og min svigerinne kan skrive under på […]

102. […] Flourless Brownies […]

103. Kim says:

I don’t use any sugars (for glycemic/weight control reasons) except for Stevia, Xylitol or Erythitol. Do you have a suggestion for how to incorporate one of those sweeteners into this recipe?

104. Signedbyher says:

Just about to take my second time batch out of the oven- used blanched almonds bashed into half pieces and raisins and a touch of orange zest for christmas flavours. First batcha few weeks ago- yum, but I would say the recipe goes much further than 8 brownies as they are rich as well as delicious. Thanks for the amazing recipe X

105. Linda DeWalt says:

I would like to eat as healthy as possible. Sure would love to try out this brownie recipe. I love brownies. Do you think I could found these ingredients at our local health food store?

106. CoffeeTime says:

My New Favorite Site. I came for the recipe, read through all the comments about it. Sounds delightful. I have glanced through the rest of your site and I am hooked. I will be back to buy your books but right now I am back to try this brownie recipe for myself. Thank you!

107. kate t says:

I found it needed to go for 35-40 minutes, but these are delicious! Also, I used dark chocolate cocoa and added Andes mint chips. wow! Thank you!

108. Joy says:

Lindsay, Is there such a thing as a crispy crunchy cookie recipe? How about thin a crispy pizza crust??

109. […] Not sure about gluten free flours then you must try this Flourless Brownie recipe! As you know, I try to eat mostly grain free when it comes to desserts. We also do not use any refined sugars and stick to mostly raw honey and maple syrup in our treats. I have tried a few different ‘grain-free’ brownie recipes and have been less than thrilled with the results. It turns out grain-free brownie recipes can be kind of tricky to get right. I find the coconut flour brownies to be hard to swallow (to dry!) and the almond flour ones don’t agree with me. Click Here To Keep Reading […]

110. Kristina C. says:

This is probably a silly question but I’m new to Paleo and the gluten-free thing so baking without any flour is crazy to me..anyways my question is why do they need to cool for so long?? 5 hours!? This girl cannot wait 5 hours for brownies!! :D

111. Jessica says:

I made this with honey and maple syrup….I still used the suggested amount of oil, and the brownies came out delicious and gooey just like we like them. We are not cake brownie folks ;)

112. […] on the Village Green Network by the Homemade Mommy are absolutely divine. Find the original recipe here! The only complaint I received from my testers (the girls) is that I could have cut the pieces […]

113. […] the brownie mix on the shelf, especially when you have this recipe from Homemade Mommy, which is not only gluten and dairy free, but even forgoes almond and coconut […]

114. naomi says:

I made these twice…once with homemade date syrup (dates and water soaked and blended) i added a date and cocoa powder frosting they were amazing and the second time with cane sugar and less cocoa about half a cup and no frosting…the texture was different..more like a brownie and less like a torte..both are now my go to recipes for brownies!

115. […] Amazing Flourless Brownies    by Lindsey Bernat Gremont   It turns out grain-free brownie recipes can be […]

116. […] Mommy – Flourless Brownies – This is my famous flourless brownie recipe from my cookbook, Indulge, that I allowed […]

117. Holly says:

I made these tonight using 1/2 date sugar & 1/2 maple syrup. They didn’t need any time to set & were more cakey that gooey. We put them with vanilla ice cream & YUM! Thanks for the recipe!

118. Nikki says:

This is the perfect dessert! SO EASY, SO YUMMY! A keeper for sure!!

119. Rainbow says:

Has anyone made these as cupcakes? I’m wondering how long to bake them.

120. Runner Mom says:

THANK YOU! I made these tonight and got them out of the oven at 12:30a.m. YES, I’ve been eying your Flourless Brownies for a while and they looked so delicious that I made them. Mine turned out DELICIOUS!!!! Thank you!

121. […] flour I used the other night was a flop. We recently found a recipe for flourless brownies from Homemade Mommy and were excited to try it. Now having done the basic recipe, I’d love to try adding in […]

122. Maija says:

Ohhhh.. I’m excited! I’ll be making this soon.
    I was thinking that you could change the flavour by using different flavoured extracts. eg. mint, coconut, almond all sound delicious to me!
    Thank you for sharing.

123. Franki says:

I would like to make this ahead of time for a dinner. How long do they last in the fridge? Can they be frozen?

124. […] an zu beliefernden Mitarbeitern (45) – nicht zu teuer sein. Das Rennen machte ein Rezept für mehlfreie Brownies, das mich durch die erstaunlich geringe Anzahl seiner Zutaten und letztendlich natürlich aufgrund […]

125. EricaG says:

I have sugar free maple flavored pancake syrup. It’s made with sucralose. I’m wondering if this might sub for the maple syrup ok. Since I have type 2 diabetes, I have to keep my carbs really low to keep my blood sugar under control.

As for the Stevia in the Raw, that stuff tastes nasty on its own, IMO. I prefer the granulated Splenda. I may try this recipe with both types of AS and see what happens.

126. Jennifer says:

These are probably my favorite grain free desert! They are fabulous! I have made these numerous times, both in a regular pan and as cupcakes. This recipe has earned a place in my permanent recipe book…..a place to keep all great recipes to pass down to my kids.

127. Georgina says:

These sound wonderful. However, as well as a gluten & dairy allergy – I am also allergic to eggs & flax & soy. Do you have any suggestions on how to switch out the eggs? I normally would switch out 1 egg with chia – but it seems like switching out 4 eggs might be problematic. Has anyone tried these without eggs?

Thanks

• I have not tried this before so I don’t really know. I think there are some other comments which talk about this if you scroll through though! Good luck!

128. Reggie says:

These are terrific,
    I made them with 3 modifications and they came out like those mini molten lava cakes!

So I added cinnamon (2 tsp) to help control blood sugar, you can’t taste it but it’s a healthy precaution. I add a pinch to all my sweet treats…

I also added instant coffee (2 tsp) which deepened the flavor.

Last of all I baked them in silicone muffin cups, 12 min. so delicious & cute with a soft creamy center.

These are amazing, next time I might add walnuts. Thank you for this delicious recipe.

129. Nancy Newnan says:

Wondering about using powdered egg whites, any input on this?

@Reggie – awesome add-ins!! Cinnamon and coffee, yum!