Earlier this week I posted a recipe for an calming roll-on using essential oils and I promised to post my version that I use on my 5 year old. I love that there are essential oils for all types of feelings and I find that when my daughter gets frustrated it is for very different reasons than when I do.
Kids have different feelings. So for my daughter I felt the root of her anxiety is most often nervous exhaustion or frustration. She also sometimes has a bit of a hard finding things to occupy herself when I am busy making dinner. Sound familiar?
So I used the following essential oils for their emotional benefits:
- Orange essential oil is uplifting and good for feelings of overwhelm (I used a small amount so
this recipe is not photo toxic)
- Palmarosa essential oil creates feelings of being secure and is also good for nervous exhaustion
- Cedarwood essential oil promotes focus and concentration and helps with
confusion and agitation, frustration and anger
- Lavender essential oil is very calming
- Ylang Ylang essential oil is also calming and supports releasing nervous tension
Calming Roll-On Using Essential Oils for Kids
Note: this is what I use on my daughter. Research essential oil uses for various emotions and see what might work on your kids.
- 1 drop Orange essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 20 drops Palmarosa essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 20 drops Cedarwood essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 10 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE)
- 60 drops sweet almond oil (I get mine HERE)
Mix all ingredients in a 15 ml roll-on bottle (I buy ones with a metal roller HERE) roll
between your hands to mix. Be super careful when mixing up a batch. I would use a glass dropper and try to cap off the bottles quickly. Use as needed either on the bottoms of the feet or on the back of the neck.
My daughter is allergic to tree nuts what would you suggest instead of almond oil?
Lindsey Gremont says
Fractionated coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil – pretty much any other carrier oil you want!