I used to buy foaming hand soap but once I discovered how to make it this incredibly easy way for a whole lot less money, I was thrilled. This recipe is so easy you will be mad you haven’t made your own before. This homemade foaming hand soap has only three ingredients and one is readily available from your faucet!
You can add whatever scent you prefer for each room because this recipe is for small batches.
Easy Homemade Foaming Hand Soap
- 1/3 cup Liquid unscented Castile soap
- 2/3 cup filtered water (where to get a water filter)
- 1/8 tsp essential oil (I use lavender, Thieves, peppermint, or lemon)
Equipment You’ll Need
These 8 oz. square Mason glass jars. Why? I love them because they are cute and retro looking but also modern and they also have handy 1/3 cup measuring lines on them.
You can find a lot of different foaming pumps that fit mason jars and your decor here.
Pour the Castile soap and the essential oil into the jar and stir to combine. Fill the jar the rest of the way up with water. Screw on the lid and pump away!
Further Reading from Around the Web
- Would You Eat Your Soap?
- Soap nuts: Making Laundry Even Easier (And Greener!)
- How To Buy Therapeutic Essential Oils
- Why and How To Take A Detox Bath
More Essential Oil recipes here!
- Homemade Liquid Hand Soap (2 Ways)
- Homemade Foaming Face Wash for Radiant Skin
- Cooling Peppermint Toner
- Homemade Hand Sanitizer