Basic Brown Rice
- 2 cups brown rice – where to buy rice
- 1 can coconut milk – where to buy coconut milk
- 2 cups bone broth (chicken or veal) – where to buy broth
- 3 cardamom pods (the insides) – where to buy spices
- 2 Tbsp butter (optional – I think it adds a nice richness)
- 1 Tbsp gelatin (read more about gelatin here and where to buy)
- pinch of salt – where to buy salt
I put all of these ingredients into my rice cooker, push the button and magically I get rice in about 30-45 min where it sits on ‘warm’ until it is time to eat. Couldn’t be an easier more nourishing side dish!
Really good with the amazing sauce and kale chips and whatever meat or fish you want to make that night. I sometimes freeze the leftovers for use in a pinch. Can be used the next day in a stir fry.
Photo credit: Satoru Kikuchi, on flickr